Leave a Legacy of Liberty
Support Patriot Foundation Trust
To support Liberty today, please use our Liberty Fund Donation Form
For more information about making outright gifts, deferred gifts and testamentary gifts to Patriot Foundation Trust, please e-mail the trust administrator.
Why Should I Make a Planned Gift?
Goals and Benefits
|Your Goals||Your Strategy||Your Benefits|
|Maximize your deduction; minimize the gift details||Use cash to make your gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Claim your deduction against a larger portion of your adjusted gross income and make an immediate impact on the Patriot Foundation Trust|
|Afford a larger gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust — and avoid capital gains liability||Give appreciated stock or bonds held over one year||Buy low and give high — make a gift that costs you less than the benefit it delivers to us, while avoiding capital gains tax|
|Make a gift for the Patriot Foundation Trust's future that doesn't affect your cash flow or portfolio now||Put a bequest in your will (cash, specific property, a share of the estate residue or your 401K and IRA plans)||Today — a gift that costs you and your family nothing. Tomorrow — an estate tax deduction|
|Retain income benefits from the assets you give to the Patriot Foundation Trust — thus afford a larger gift||Create a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder annuity trust or unitrust||Receive income for your lifetime; receive a charitable deduction; diversify your holdings|
|Reduce high tax liability now; gain additional income later||Establish a deferred gift annuity||A larger deduction and a higher income rate than other life-income gifts offer|
|Tap one of the most valuable assets in your portfolio to make a gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Use real estate to make your gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Avoid capital gains tax, receive an income tax deduction — and have the option of a gift that doesn't affect your lifestyle|
|Reduce gift and estate taxes and control the timing of passing assets to your children and grandchildre||Create a charitable lead trust which supports programs at the Patriot Foundation Trust for a fixed, finite period with the principal going to your heirs.||Reduce gift and estate taxes, and freeze the taxable value of growing assets before they pass to your family|
|Avoid capital gains liability on the transfer of a business or partnership interest||Contribute the partnership interest or closely-held stock to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Avoid capital gain liability, receive an income tax deduction, and utilize a gift asset you may have overlooked|
|Make an endowment gift from income rather than capital||Create a new life insurance policy, or donate a paid-up policy whose coverage you no longer need||Increase your ability to make a significant gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust|
Assets You Can Give
- Appreciated Securities
- The IRS allows you one of its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities.
- Business Interests
- Give the Patriot Foundation Trust an interest in a closely-held or family business.
- Maximize your charitable deduction and deliver immediate benefits to the Patriot Foundation Trust.
- Life Insurance
- Use an unneeded policy to make a donation.
- Partnership Interests
- Support the Patriot Foundation Trust by transferring an interest in a real estate or oil-and-gas partnership.
- Real Estate
- Make a substantial gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust through a transfer of residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate.
- Extend Liberty to the next generation with an estate gift to Patriot Foundation Trust. To list PFT as a beneficiary of your estate, including 401K or IRA plans, please use this information:
Legal Name: Patriot Foundation Trust
Tax ID Number: 02-6180017
Legal Address: 820 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee 37350
Trust Administration Contact: Mark Caldwell (E-mail Click Here)
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Immediate
- Receive a fixed payout and significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Deferred
- Recommended for younger donors to build retirement earnings for the future.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Discover an innovative way to pass appreciating assets on to family members while making gifts in the interim.
- Pooled Income Fund
- Give cash or securities, receive an income tax deduction, avoid capital gains tax on the transfer and secure lifetime income.
- Remainder Annuity Trust
- Make a large gift and receive a fixed-income payout each year.
- Remainder Unitrust
- Make a large gift and create a flexible source of retirement income.
- Retained Life Estate
- Receive a large deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life.